Baker and Baker Recruitment are recruiting for an exciting opportunity for a Supplier Engineer, for an OEM based in the Warwickshire area.
Job Title: Supplier Engineer - Multiple roles
Salary: £30k - £50k (Depending on Experience)
Commodities: BIW, Chassis, Electrical, Powertrain (EV/Battery)
On behalf of our major client based in Warwickshire, we are actively recruiting a number of Supplier Engineers to support the expanding business.
We are looking for Supplier Engineers that have the knowledge, and experience in one or more of the following areas – BIW, Chassis, Electrical, and Powertrain (EV/Battery)
1. Project planning and execution with suppliers
2. Quality validation of parts
3. Volume verification
4. Root cause and countermeasure of problems
5. Confirming project status through auditing suppliers
6. Support pre-production build events
7. Design change management
8. Travel to suppliers (Typically Europe and Asia) as and when required
9. and other tasks as assigned by a line manager
- Judgment for supplier capability to supply parts (quality and delivery)
- Approve internal and supplier quality control documentation
- Approve parts for use in pre-production and mass production
- Agree root cause analysis and countermeasure proposals
- No direct reports, however responsible for management of supplier activities
- Identify project risks and ensure appropriate actions are in place to minimise occurrence of risk
- Ensure supplier project plans are in-line with the project targets and complete regular project reviews and resolve issues as they arise
- Confirm design for manufacture and ensure issues raised are closed to meet project deliverables
- Cascade key product characteristics to supplier and confirm they are included as part of supplier quality system
- Inspection and validation of parts against engineering standards and resolve any non-conformances
- Capacity planning and verification to check if a supplier can achieve project volumes
- Conduct regular audits at suppliers to confirm project status and process validation
- Design change management with supplier
- Reporting project status to internal stakeholders
Required Skills, Competencies, and Personal Qualities
- DFM (Design for Manufacture), Significant Characteristics, DFMEA, PFMEA, Control Plans, Process Capability, and Measurement System Analysis
- OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness) and Run at Rates.
- Read engineering drawings and understand measurement method and production validation requirements.
- Appreciation of manufacturing processes and key controls used in the automotive industry supply base.
- Demonstrate good project management skills (Prince 2 or Agile qualification desirable)
- Qualified engineer (ideally to degree level) or suitable/relevant experience
- Build and foster relationships with internal stakeholders and suppliers
- Have integrity when making decisions
- Enjoy problem-solving and have a logical approach to understand root cause and apply appropriate countermeasures.
- Effective communication skills in both written and verbal.
- Be able to negotiate to overcome and resolve obstacles.
- Achieve deadlines, work under pressure and remain resilient when faced with challenges.
- Willingness to learn, adopt new ideas, and challenge existing methods.
- Take ownership of the project and provide solutions to problems.
- Work as part of a team, and collaborate with other supplier engineers where appropriate
Reference ID: STA001