We are recruiting an exciting opportunity for a Marketing Manager for one of our prestigious clients in the East Midlands area:
Job Title: Marketing Manager
A commercially focussed marketing role working to develop, drive and deliver all campaigns including key trading period / seasonal campaigns, membership activation, and secondary revenue campaigns. This includes managing the development of both creative and media to be on budget on time. In addition, owning and delivering all activity across digital channels (excluding social media) and driving improvements in revenue generation and user experience.
- To work with the Head of Commercial Marketing & Sales to develop the annual marketing activity plan in line with the marketing strategy and then to lead the delivery of all campaigns and promotions within this plan
- Review and develop promotional offers and deal’s to support the annual plan and deliver budgeted revenue, yield, and visitors
- To track and review visitor and revenue performance against budget and adjust and propose actions and marketing approaches to help mitigate any risk to budget
- To cross-functionally drive the delivery of all major campaigns across the organisation, and work closely with the Marketing Manager – Brand, PR, and Events to ensure the campaigns hit all business and communications objectives.
- Brief and manage agency requirements (for channels listed below) and be the first point of contact for activity related to campaigns
- Working closely with the Sales Manager to develop ongoing activity and campaigns specifically to aid the recovery of schools business, corporate business and experiences post covid and beyond
- Campaign channel management for the following channels ATL media, Partnerships, Affiliates, eCRM, Website, App, Performance Marketing
- Ongoing channel management for the following digital channels – Affiliates, eCRM, Website, App, Performance Marketing, which includes managing the effectiveness of the channel to achieve the marketing objectives
- Work with agency partners to improve the technical customer experience online and use both the website, CRM, and digital media to increase conversion at every touchpoint of the digital consideration journey
- Lead a plan of continual improvement for the digital experience of guests, including website and onsite
- Work to set up and develop an affiliate programme
- Drive agencies to ensure effective reporting and analytics in order to be able to continually optimise digital channels to drive improved performance
Insight and data
- Gather and analyse data and insight from the customers and ensure the findings shared across the organisation and with the Head of Commercial Marketing & Sales and Exec to shape future plans and activity
- Utilise insight and data to continually look for improvements to marketing activity
- Provide weekly reports to Head of Commercial Marketing & Sales
- Manage the expenditure budget for marketing lines related to digital and campaigns, including tracking spend and monthly reconciliation.
- Motivate and manage the Inhouse designer on a day to day basis, setting clear objectives and priorities, carrying out weekly 121’s and reporting back on progress and issues to the Head of Commercial Marketing & Sales
- Attend daily managers meeting to represent Marketing and ensure clear communication across departments
- Brief and manage the creative, digital, and media agencies to deliver work to support the marketing plan
- Conduct regular updates with all agencies to keep the focus on key priorities.
- Report on pre-agreed KPI’s for the agency on a monthly basis
- Attend monthly agency meetings with the Head of Commercial Marketing and Sales to ensure direction stays on track.
- Ensure all procedures, protocols, and rules are followed at all times
- Contribute to the overall management and organisational development of the organisation and provide operational support at key points
- Willing to be trained as a first aider and to be on call as part of the first aid duty rota
- Undertake Daily Duty Manager role on a rota basis alongside other managers –occasionally this may be required on a weekend.
Key Skills and Requirements:
1. Minimum of 5 years experience in a fast-paced broad marketing management role having had a significant experience of digital channels during this time
2. Strong experience managing a variety of marketing agencies and driving strong outputs
3. A strong commercial grounding with a good head for numbers and a marketer whose decisions are driven by data and insight
4. Good understanding of media buying and the modern media landscape
5. Experience of having worked with above the line advertising and having monitored and reported on advertising effectiveness
6. Strong ownership mentality and an innovative and creative with a proactive, problem-solving approach
7. Experience using – Google Analytics and advertising platforms, knowledge of word press and other marketing platforms would be advantageous
8. A proven ability to manage and motivate people in their day to day activities and develop them for future opportunities
9. Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills proven ability to work with a wider team
10. Well-developed organisational skills
11. Ability to work to deadlines and deliver under pressure
12. A background in the Leisure industry would be advantageous
13. Marketing or related degree or CIM qualified
14. Has an interest in the organisation’s work and purpose
15. Occasional weekend working through the year to either provide support at launch events or to cover duties as required
16. All employees must ensure that our visitors always experience excellent customer service and therefore will be willing to give operational support to any department during exceptionally busy times
Reference ID: MM003