We are recruiting an exciting opportunity for an Engineer - Calibration for one of our prestigious automotive clients in the South Oxfordshire area:
Job Title: Engineer - Calibration
Salary: c£50K-55 per annum (Depending on Experience)
Permanent/Contract/Fixed Term: Permanent
Location: South Oxfordshire
To work within the Electrical Systems Team providing calibration support to the Vehicle Dynamics Team. In addition, develop and test electrical systems and the supporting architectures.
- Working with the Vehicle Dynamics, Software Controls and Simulations teams to provide calibration support for the systems fitted to vehicles, including but not limited to EV powertrain, Stability systems and Steering Systems.
- Supporting the Electrical Systems team in delivering electrical, chassis and powertrain systems.
- Generating system and component requirements, based on feature lists and cascaded project requirements and attributes.
- Management of suppliers delivering components or systems to a project.
- Assist with the build and fault-finding of projects
- Generate system architecture diagrams and circuit drawings to support electrical design activity.
- Undertake hazard analysis, risk management and DFMEA for components and systems as required.
- Define and execute system test and validation activities.
- Support virtual and physical builds for components and vehicles.
- Preparation and presentation of reports for internal and external audiences.
- Support technical and project reviews with the customer, representing the business, as required.
- Maintain positive relationships with customers, suppliers and all other departments
- Understand and work to the business, Customer, Industry and Legislative standards.
Experience & Qualifications:
- 2-3 years of recent experience and proven track record in electrical systems within the automotive or autosport sectors
- Degree in a relevant engineering discipline or in job experience of 5 years min.
- Experience in using calibration tools, such as CANape, INCA or System Monitor
- Ability to travel in the UK and Overseas
- The ability to work flexibly to strict deadlines
- Have a high a level of driving ability focused on-road vehicle development
- Experience of Electric Vehicles – HV charging, HV battery, and HV powertrain systems
- Working knowledge of Vector tools including CANalyzer
- Experience of Requirements Capture Tools, such as Siemens Polarion or IBM Rational Doors
- Good understanding of On Vehicle networks.
This job description is not exhaustive, and the job holder will be required to carry out from time to time tasks in addition to the above that will be both reasonable and within their capabilities.
Reference ID: CE001