We are recruiting an exciting opportunity for an Engineer - Electrical Systems for one of our prestigious automotive clients in the South Oxfordshire area:
Job Title: Engineer - Electrical Systems
Salary: c£35-50k per annum (Depending on experience)
Permanent/Contract/Fixed Term: Permanent
Location: South Oxfordshire
To work in the Electrical Systems Team to design and develop the electrical systems used in various products ranging from Hybrid energy storage systems from electric scooters to whole vehicles.
- Through appropriately considered and documented processes, development of system architecture proposals and definitions
- Analysis and specification of system requirements including the communication, functional and physical elements of the system.
- Preparation of requirements documentation at vehicle, system, and component level
- Working with suppliers delivering components or systems to a project.
- Assist with the build and fault-finding of projects
- Generate system architecture diagrams and circuit drawings to support electrical design activity.
- Assist with hazard analysis, risk management, and DFMEA for components and systems as required.
- Define and execute system test and validation activities, both on products and on rigs
- Support virtual and physical builds for components and vehicles.
- Preparation and presentation of reports for internal and external audiences.
- Support technical and project reviews with the customer, representing the business, as required.
- Maintain positive relationships with customers, suppliers, and all other departments
- Understand and work to the business, Customer, Industry, and Legislative standards.
Experience & Qualifications:
- 2-3 years of recent experience and proven track record in electrical integration within the automotive or autosport industries.
- Degree in a relevant engineering discipline or in job experience of 5 years min.
- Good understanding of On Vehicle networks.
- The ability to work flexibly to strict deadlines
- Experience of Electric Vehicles – HV charging, HV battery and HV powertrain systems
- Working knowledge of Vector tools including CANalyzer
- Experience of Requirements Capture Tools, such as Siemens Polarion or IBM Rational Doors
- Has an understanding of functional Safety and ISO26262
This job description is not exhaustive, and the job holder will be required to carry out from time to time tasks in addition to the above that will be both reasonable and within their capabilities.
Reference ID: EES001