We are recruiting an exciting opportunity for a Principal Engineer - Electrical Systems for one of our prestigious automotive clients in the South Oxfordshire area:
Job Title: Principal Engineer - Electrical Systems
Salary: c£75K per annum (Depending on experience)
Permanent/Contract/Fixed Term: Permanent
Location: South Oxfordshire
To hold a senior role in the Electrical Systems Team to design and develop the electrical systems and architectures deployed in various products ranging from Hybrid energy storage systems to electric scooters to whole vehicles.
- Either individually or leading engineers to develop and deliver electrical systems across various projects.
- Generating system and component requirements, based on features lists and cascaded project requirements and attributes.
- Defining suitable architectures for both systems and whole vehicles, including managing signal databases.
- Management of suppliers delivering components or systems to a project.
- Assist with the build and fault-finding of projects
- Generate system architecture diagrams and circuit drawings to support electrical design activity.
- Undertake hazard analysis, risk management, and DFMEA for components and systems as required.
- Define and execute system test and validation activities.
- Support virtual and physical builds for components and vehicles.
- Preparation and presentation of reports for internal and external audiences.
- Support technical and project reviews with the customer, representing the business, as required.
- Maintain positive relationships with customers, suppliers, and all other departments
- Understand and work to the business, Customer, Industry, and Legislative standards.
- Provide guidance & support within the Systems Team
Experience & Qualifications:
- 8 years of recent experience and proven track record in electrical systems within the automotive or autosport sectors
- Degree in a relevant engineering discipline or in job experience of 10 years min.
- Good understanding of On Vehicle networks.
- The ability to work flexibly to strict deadlines
- Experience of Electric Vehicles – HV charging, HV battery and HV powertrain systems
- Working knowledge of Vector tools including CANalyzer
- Experience of Requirements Capture Tools, such as Siemens Polarion or IBM Rational Doors
- Has worked with developing ISO26262 compliant systems.
This job description is not exhaustive, and the job holder will be required to carry out from time to time tasks in addition to the above that will be both reasonable and within their capabilities.
Reference ID: PEES001