We are recruiting an exciting opportunity for a Lead Engineer - Vehicle Attribute for one of our prestigious automotive clients in the Warwickshire area:
Job Title: Lead Engineer - Vehicle Attribute
Salary: c£60K per annum
Permanent/Contract/Fixed Term: Permanent
Department: Vehicle Engineering
Location: Midlands based with International Travel
- Develop and implement target / requirement cascade through Jama.
- Ensure subjective targets are effectively translated to objective targets.
- Ensure all targets are cascaded to all areas of business and systems.
- Ensure all targets and associated test results are robustly documented and reported.
- Ensure any non-compliances are identified and plans to address agreed.
- Lead reporting and maturation of weight status including weight reduction roadmap.
- Support reporting of attribute target attainment at gateways.
- Ensures customer focus in attribute balancing activities.
- Approval of design releases for attribute compliance.
- Support robust attribute target definition and delivery for the client.
- Drive completeness of attribute target cascade from Vehicle to component level with ESP.
- Identify any incompatibilities between attribute targets and drive target balancing / trade offs.
- Ensure attribute validation plan is defined.
- Work with VEM to ensure appropriate test facilities are identified and available.
- Work with Concept and Studio Feasibility teams to ensure vehicle concept supports attribute targets.
- Work with PDM Manager to ensure robust weight reporting through Teamcenter.
- Identify any attribute target gap closure actions*
- Identify and work with third parties where additional work is required to define objective targets*
- Support VEM with RFQ process for test facilities*
- Deliver other tasks as assigned by a line manager
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Strategic thinking.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in a “Start up” business is desirable.
- Solid understanding of automotive vehicle attributes is essential.
- Experience working in one or more vehicle attribute teams / Vehicle Integration desirable |Understands interactions and dependencies between attributes and has experience of the trade off process.
- Experienced in vehicle attribute assessments.
- Experience with Jama or other requirements management system is desirable.
- Experience using Teamcenter / Vismockup is desirable.
SENIORITY LEVEL & INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE
Medium (6 years+)
- Weight management lead
- Attribute lead into concept development activities
Reference ID: LEVA001