We are recruiting an exciting opportunity for a Senior Engineer – Requirements Management for one of our prestigious automotive clients in the Warwickshire area:
Job Title: Senior Engineer – Requirements Management
Salary: c£60K per annum
Permanent/Contract/Fixed Term: Permanent
Department: Vehicle Engineering
Location: Midlands based with International Travel
- Develop and implement target / requirement cascade through Jama.
- Ensure all requirements are cascaded to all areas of business and systems.
- Develop and implement KPIs for requirement management.
- Develop and implement requirement validation plan status reporting through Jama.
- Ensure all requirements and associated test results are robustly documented and reported
- Define and implement a process to manage any non-compliance identified.
- Ensure sufficient Jama licenses are available for the team.
- Ensure seamless third party integration with the requirements management process.
- Identify potential target conflicts, and escalate to VEM to balance targets and attributes.
- Ownership of requirements management process - including:
- Functional and non-functional targets
- User journey scenarios and associated features
- Design and test standards
- Drive completeness of client requirement definition from Vehicle to component level.
- Ensure user journey scenarios and associated feature requirements are clearly defined.
- Regular reporting of compliance to targets / requirements.
- Ensure requirement test are defined and included in the requirement validation plan.
- Work with the Engineering team to make sure any additions or changes are captured.
- Run the target deviation process so that target deviations are tracked and agreed across the business.
- Deliver other tasks as assigned by the line manager.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Strategic thinking.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in a “Start up” business is desirable.
- Understanding of automotive vehicle attributes, design and test standards.
- Experience with Jama or other requirements management system is desirable.
SENIORITY LEVEL & INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE
- Requirements management process definition
- Schedule and chair Requirement Management meetings
Reference ID: SERM001