We are recruiting an exciting opportunity for a Head of Vehicle Integration for one of our prestigious automotive clients in the Warwickshire area:
Job Title: Head of Vehicle Integration
Salary: c£80K per annum
Permanent/Contract/Fixed Term: Permanent
Department: Vehicle Engineering
Location: Midlands based with International Travel
- Overall technical responsibility for all attributes, providing innovative solutions for problems. Challenging suppliers and 3rd party Engineering team using technology and ideas in the design to get the best for the product.
- Responsible for ensuring the engineering teams design and deliver systems that meet the vehicle level targets for the whole vehicle using all methods of simulation, development and verification & validation, and project management process. Including attribute budget control
- Generate all attribute targets to support the vehicle requirements and meet agreed programme targets, using internal and external resources...
- Establish and maintain a close working relationship with all areas, both internally & within the supplier base and be able to motivate internal and external engineering resources to achieve innovative solutions to meet system and vehicle level targets.
- Recruit a small team of high-quality attribute engineers to deliver a product that meets the required attribute targets in a balanced and cohesive way. Respecting the need for the system areas to meet the cost and timing targets.
- Create design guidelines and procedures to avoid known problems, and assist engineering functions in achieving component & vehicle level performance.
- Develop and introduce tools and methods that help the system owners meet the attribute targets as efficiently as possible.
- Other tasks as assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- The capacity to grasp concepts easily.
- Excellent knowledge of English language, MS Office.
- Experience with HV systems.
- Able to work in start-up environment.
- Expert in the use and interpretation of component/system development data and process in achieving software such as ADAMS and Simulink etc., and the use of chassis test/measurement tools.
- Ensure DVPs, test reports, FMEA, FTA, DFM, and countermeasures required to ensure delivery are completed and robust.
SENIORITY LEVEL & INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE
Reference ID: HVI001