We are recruiting an exciting opportunity for a BOM/PDM Support Engineer for one of our prestigious automotive clients in the Warwickshire area:
Job Title: BOM/PDM Support Engineer
Salary: c£55K per annum
Permanent/Contract/Fixed Term: Permanent
Department: Vehicle Engineering
Location: Midlands based with International Travel
- Take ownership of the management of standard parts & materials library.
- Liaise with the standard parts & Materials suppliers to ensure engineers have access to the required items in CAD.
- Population and maintenance of the standard part library in Teamcenter.
- Ensuring requests for new parts are robustly assessed and complexity is minimised.
- Ensuring materials specifications are correct and maintained in Teamcenter.
- Liaise with Design with reference to release of colour & material specifications to enable coding & configuration of the BoM.
- Support the Product Data Manager with the deployment, testing & maintenance of Teamcenter into the business, supporting engineers in their requirements.
This will include but is not limited to:
- Provide guidance to engineers on all aspects of Teamcenter BoM structure, part naming and numbering, product configuration & process.
- Ensure all part & BoM attributes are completed and maintained in Teamcenter to support the delivery of KPI’s.
- Ensure BOM is aligned to product feature requirements as defined by user scenarios & market requirements.
- Support the development, implementation & maintenance of the engineering change management process within Teamcenter.
- Produce reports to monitor the completeness & quality of data reporting any inaccuracies to the owners & escalating where appropriate.
- Support key programme events e.g., data releases, Virtual Series & physical builds.
- Other tasks as assigned by a line manager.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Has excellent communication skills, and the ability to explain technical requirements to colleagues from a range of disciplines.
- Must have meticulous attention to detail and be capable of delivering robustly in a fast-moving and dynamic environment.
- Must have an enquiring approach, constantly looking to improve the way we work, and is ready to adapt and expand their scope if need be to meet business needs.
- Has a good understanding and appreciation of the importance of bill of materials and robust product structure.
- Has a good understanding of product definition, features & configuration.
- Is familiar with standard parts and materials requirements.
- Comfortable liaising with external suppliers and engineers.
- Able to communicate efficiently and effectively through all forms of communication, as well as present technical reports confidently.
- Experience in a “Start-up” business is desirable but not essential for candidates with the right aptitude.
- Must be able to use MS Office, particularly PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
- English Language skills essential.
SENIORITY LEVEL & INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE:
Experienced (More than 2 years’ experience in the use of Teamcenter system of an automotive OEM)
Reference ID: PDM001