Baker and Baker Recruitment are recruiting for an exciting opportunity for a Lead Studio Feasibility Engineer, for an OEM based in the Warwickshire area.
Job Title: Lead Studio Feasibility Engineer
Duration: Permanent or 6 Month Contract
- As a Studio Feasibility Engineer your objective is to drive the delivery of the product vision with the minimum possible compromise to Design, Engineering or Package.
- Providing leadership within Design and Engineering on all aspects of interior and exterior surface feasibility
- Definition, leadership and management of the feasibility checkpoint process
- Driving feasibility assessment and cross-functional resolution of issues found across all areas of Design, including surface development, optical quality, CMF, and UX/UI.
- Provide guidance to Design on key systems, such as glass barrel, closures sweeps, wheel travel, and their effect on associated geometry, cutlines and optical quality
- Identifying benchmarks along with supporting technical information that challenges Design and Engineering across all functions
- Drive benchmarking activities to capture technical information and product understanding to drive Design and Engineering
- Ensures consideration of key vehicle requirements affecting A-Surface (e.g. homologation, aero targets) and ensures these are robustly delivered.
- Interface with CMF and Optical Quality functions to ensure specific requirements are effectively delivered through the feasibility checkpoint process.
- Utilise CAD (preferably NX) to review, create and organize information from and for Design and Engineering
- Ensure released surfaces are aligned with agreements and decisions made
- And other tasks as assigned by the line manager
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Excellent knowledge of English, Strategic thinking
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills
- Has a deep understanding of the Studio Feasibility process and has demonstrable experience of leading this through to production A surface release on several vehicle programmes
- Extensive experience leading the resolution of cross-functional studio feasibility issues
- Good understanding of occupant package including basics of ergonomics, such as reach, comfort clearances, visual obscuration, direct and indirect vision, ingress/egress, cargo requirements, and loading. Knowledge of human simulation packages such as RAMSIS are a plus
- Has a good understanding of A-Surface development and Design approach. Is able to articulate Design musts and wants to Engineering and vice versa to drive convergence
- Is familiar with homologation requirements including but not limited to ECE, FMVSS and GB standards
- Excited by advances in automotive design and demonstrates an extensive knowledge of latest developments and what would be considered “State of the art”; Uses this knowledge to challenge Design, Engineering and Package to deliver the best possible outcome
- Able to communicate efficiently and effectively through all forms of communication, as well as present technical reports confidently
- Is experienced in the use of Siemens NX and Teamcenter for Product Data Management, and has a working knowledge of common surfacing tools
- Experience in a “Start up” business is desirable but not essential for candidates with the right aptitude
- Must be able to use MS Office, particularly Powerpoint, Excel, Project and Word
**Based in the UK but travel to Europe will be required on an ad-hoc basis**
Reference ID: SFE001