Baker and Baker Recruitment are representing a client in the Warwickshire region of the UK who are looking for a Senior Engineer - Electrified Powertrain to join their team on a permanent basis
Role: Senior Engineer - Electrified Powertrain
Salary: Negotiable / Dependant on experience
Hours per week: 37.5
As a Senior Engineer you will be responsible for providing project leadership to successfully deliver your own projects, as well as supporting those of others. Applying technical knowledge and experience to interesting and challenging projects for a wide variety of customers, markets and sectors. Supporting engineers, ensuring they are developing skills and capabilities whilst using the most appropriate methods. Generating and maintaining relationships with customers at an appropriate level.
- Innovative thinker and problem solver
- Mathematical aptitude coupled with strong practical skills
- Accuracy and attention to details
- Self-motivated and driven to achieve results
- Strong project management
- Commercially astute
- Ability to take innovative designs from design concept through to delivery to a diverse variety of global customers.
- You have engineering experience relevant to a technical consulting or engineering services environment
- You are a natural collaborator, able to build and manage effective working relationships with your direct team, colleagues and customers
- You have a good understanding of power electronics and electric motor fundamentals
- You effectively communicate complex ideas and information to a range of audiences and stakeholders
- You have a “can do” attitude with high levels of commitment, enthusiasm and motivation
- You are open and honest with high professional standards and ethics
- You are passionate about developing your own knowledge, experience and skills
Degree educated in electrical or electronic engineering or related discipline OR equivalent demonstrable experience.
- Define and review electrified powertrain system requirements and architectures for customer and internal programs in automotive, aero and off highway applications for ASIL C/D applications.
- Create detailed designs for high power (>150kW, 300-800V) traction inverters and associated digital and mixed signal control and interface circuits, actuators and sensors.
- Microcontroller hardware implementation (ideally Infineon AurixTM automotive family).
- Schematic capture and PCB layout using Altium Designer. Understanding of creepage and clearance requirements for HV circuit design (LV123, HV3 level). BOM generation and coordinating with contract PCBA manufacturers.
- Create detailed design documentation showing worst case calculations, circuit and thermal simulations, component selection, costed BoMs, test requirements and validation test reports.
- Work with EP mechanical engineers to develop integrated electronic / mechanical / thermal design concepts.
- Define and review test plans and DVPRs for Electrified Powertrain systems and components (LV124 etc), from traction inverters to fully integrated electric drive units (EDUs).
- Safe use of high power, high voltage development and test equipment such as high power battery emulators, PSUs, power analysers, loads, motor test dynos etc within a dedicated high voltage development lab and EDU test facility, up to ~1MW and 800Vdc.
- Familiar with digital motor control schemes for a variety of motor technologies (IPM, SPM, ASM, SR etc) – FOC, field weakened operation, overmodulation, harmonic current injection for NVH, fault and protection schemes etc.
- Designing to meet EMC requirements for EDU components (ISO7637 etc) at subsystem level.
- Ability to generate and develop subsystem DFMEA and HARA from program initiation.
- Provide accurate project timing, resource and cost planning information to support Program Management and Business Development activities.
- Work with EP control software engineers to test and develop inverter and motor control software and test electronics hardware.
- Where appropriate, undertake Project Lead role - leading a small/medium project team to deliver a successful project outcome from both a technical and commercial perspective
- Contribute to and deliver technical conference and white papers
- Be fully aware of and actively complying with company policies and procedures
- Exhibit a passion for learning and facing new challenges
- Understand and follow company values and professional standards and technical best practices project management, quality, communication etc.
- Actively undertake continued professional and personal development
- Participate in activities to share technical knowledge and know-how across the business
- Potential for worldwide, short and long-haul travel
The end client is working to full Government guidelines in relation to Covid-19 and safe practices
Reference ID: SEEP001