We are recruiting an exciting opportunity for a Weld Engineer to join an automotive business in the South Oxfordshire area :
Job Title: Weld Engineer
Salary Range: £45,000 - £50,000
Reports To: Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Department: Quality & Manufacturing
Direct Reports: None
The Welding Engineer is responsible for the technical development and delivery of battery pack module welding activities, from concept through to series manufacture. The role will involve working with OEMs/customers, and design engineering.
- Development and delivery of process capability, through structured designed experiments and technical measures Development of Functional, Detailed and Software Design Specifications.
- Support FAT, SAT and commissioning of new equipment.
- Provide the welding and metallurgy expertise on major manufacturing programme launches, from concept through to series manufacture.
- Support with welding developments for prototype manufacture.
- Support the interface with OEMs/customers, battery systems design and engineering.
- Support benchmarking and evaluation of process developments with customers and suppliers.
- Translation of customer and product engineering requirements into detailed welding specifications.
- Ensure all relevant Standards, Compliance and Regulatory requirements are adhered to.
- Development and delivery of process capability, through structured designed experiments and technical measures.
- Training and mentoring of junior Engineers.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Minimum 5 year’s experience gained in a mid / high volume manufacturing / production assembly environment.
- Extensive knowledge of mid / high volume automation tools and techniques.
- Extensive experience in specification and standards development.
- Power beam welding technology and process development.
- TIG welding technology and process development.
- Development of WPS (weld procedure specification)
- Materials science
- pFMEA / Control Plan
- Engineering change
- A team player with the ability to work on own initiative, and able to influence others by demonstrating a positive “can do” attitude.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills along with the ability to work at pace in a multi-project environment.
This job description is not exhaustive, and the job holder will be required to carry out from time to time tasks in addition to the above that will be both reasonable and within their capabilities.
Reference ID: 319687