Baker and Baker Recruitment are recruiting for an exciting opportunity for a Senior Package Zone Leader, for a start-up based in the Warwickshire area.
Job Title: Senior Package Zone Leader
Salary: £65,000 - £70,000
Senior Package Zone Leader needs to have a good all round understanding of the components, design, and manufacture of a vehicle.
They need excellent CAD skills (TeamCentre and NX preferred) and benchmarking analysis skills. They should have good understanding of vehicle ergonomics and how to apply this to technical targets. They need strong leadership, negotiation, and communication skills as a primary part of the role is acting as the interface between engineering departments, driving geometric issues to resolution and leading the escalation to Senior management as required.
This person needs also to understand the overall aims of the product and business and use that to guide their development of their zone. Proficiency in written and spoken English is a must. The location of the role is in the UK, with occasional travel to Europe as required.
- Responsible for the delivery of a Vehicle Package Zone from single theme approval to production release.
- Ensure a consistent approach, and drive to resolution of issues management and reporting and timely escalation of issues where required.
- Monitoring and protection of package attribute to support the customer vision.
- Focus on delivery of all Package gateway deliverables including reporting of Package attribute status
- Hardpoint management and delivery through to production release
- Master section development
- Work with Virtual Series assessments and drive issues to closure.
- Work with Studio Engineering and functional engineering teams to resolve package, hardpoint and master section compatibility issues affecting surface development with innovative solutions.
- Completion of geometric compatibility assessment.
- Support of robust pre-production builds are robust. Track and report any issues found to closure.
- Lead investigations with cross functional teams resulting in innovative and efficient package solutions.
- Work with Vehicle Package Lead to ensure Package lessons learned are driven into future product design
- Any other tasks as assigned by a line manager
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Engineering degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience of a Vehicle Package team
- Understanding and experience of Virtual Series
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in a “Start-up” business is desirable
- Experience using NX and Teamcenter desirable
SENIORITY LEVEL: Medium (5 years+)
Reference ID: 403055