Baker and Baker Recruitment are recruiting for an exciting opportunity for a Senior Manufacturing Engineer (VCATS & EOL), for a start-up based in the Warwickshire area.
Job Title: Senior Manufacturing Engineer (VCATS & EOL)
Salary: c£55k (Depending on Experience)
As the VCATS & EOL Senior Manufacturing Engineer, you will be responsible for leading the definition, design, and implementation of electrical and mechanical tests and configurations for an exciting new project. Helping to design a new vehicle and manufacturing facility, you will work closely with the various other internal and external stakeholders to ensure manufacturing strategies and processes are implemented successfully. The successful candidate will be responsible for assessing the electrical design and software feasibility, planning the production facility, including the layout, equipment & tooling requirements, process documentation, and launch support.
1. Define, specify and introduce a VCATS testing system to electrically test and configure new vehicles in a new production environment.
2. Define, specify and introduce an EOL testing system to mechanically test and adjust new vehicles in a new production environment.
3. Lead the development and maturation of the Bill of Process, Bill of Tests, and generate a BOP that is aligned to the current vehicle design and engineering assumptions, complete with synthetic process times to allow analysis and planning.
4. Work with the Vehicle Engineering team to identify and influence the vehicle design to suit manufacturing (DfX)
5. Lead the virtual factory layout, generating 2D floor plans and designs, to allow alignment of the facility to the Bill of Process and produce efficient EOL layouts.
6. Work with and manage suppliers to specify and design the production, testing, and tooling equipment required to successfully produce the vehicle in a new, purpose built facility.
7. Input using your experience into the design and specification of business processes, procedures, and programs to support the development and growth of the business.
8. Feed into and update the LIC (Latest Indicated Cost) status of the production facility equipment to ensure alignment with the programme budget.
9. Other tasks as assigned by a line manager
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
Reference ID: SME002