Baker and Baker Recruitment are recruiting for an exciting opportunity for a Project and Quality Lead Engineer, for an OEM based in the Warwickshire area.
Job Title: Project and Quality Lead Engineer
Salary: £50k - £60k (Depending on Experience)
Commodities: BIW, Chassis, Electrical, Powertrain (EV/Battery)
On behalf of our major client based in Warwickshire, we are actively recruiting a Project and Quality Lead Engineer to support the expanding business.
We are looking for Project and Quality Lead Engineer that have the knowledge, and experience in one or more of the following areas – BIW, Chassis, Electrical, and Powertrain (EV/Battery)
1. Tracking status of the project against the deliverables to achieve each milestone (e.g nomination, tooling GO release, maturation status, quality, and volume verification).
2. Create project status reports for gateway evaluations, readiness for pre-production build events, and concern closure.
3. Progress quality themes with engineering and quality to ensure customer targets are achieved.
4. Provide a communication link between the project team, engineering, and quality to the supplier engineers.
5. Confirmation of the impact timing and cost of design changes.
6. Provide support to the supplier engineers teams with their activities, including activities at suppliers.
7. Training and development of the supplier engineers.
8. and other tasks as assigned by a line manager.
- Judgement for supplier capability to supply parts (quality and delivery).
- Agree root cause analysis and countermeasure proposals.
- Implementation and improvement of process to meet the needs of the customer.
- Make judgement at gateways for the progress of the project.
- Agree on quality theme strategies to achieve quality deliverables.
- Arrange project reviews with the supplier engineer teams.
- Ensure tasks and deadlines for the project are cascaded to the team.
- Summarise and report the status of the project for supplier engineering.
- Quality themes are progressing to plan with the stakeholders
- Continual tracking of the project status and escalating and resolving issues to meet the requirement of the customer.
- Identification of quality themes and key methods to ensure quality requirements are achieved at product launch
- Identify project risks and ensure appropriate actions are in place to minimise the occurrence of the risk.
- Take a supporting role with the development and maturation of the complex commodities.
- Confirm supplier capability and feed into the supplier nomination process.
- Development of suppliers where gaps exist against customer requirements.
- Reporting project status to internal stakeholders at the required gateways.
- Development and maintenance of the PLM system to enable efficient project tracking, documentation approval, and storage.
REQUIRED SKILLS, COMPETENCIES, AND PERSONAL QUALITIES
- Design for Manufacture, Significant Characteristics, DFMEA, PFMEA, Control Plans, Process Capability, and Measurement System Analysis.
- OEE and Run at Rates.
- Read engineering drawings and understand measurement method and production validation requirements.
- Appreciation of manufacturing processes and key controls used in the automotive industry supply base.
- Qualified engineer (ideally to degree level).
- Excellent leadership skills and cast a positive shadow.
- Build and foster relationships with internal stakeholders and suppliers.
- Have integrity when making decisions.
- Enjoy problem-solving and have a logical approach to understanding the root cause and apply appropriate countermeasures.
- Effective communication skills in both written and verbal.
- Be able to negotiate to overcome and resolve obstacles.
- Achieve deadlines, work under pressure and remain resilient when faced with challenges.
- Willingness to learn, adopt new ideas, and challenge existing methods.
- Take ownership of the project and provide solutions to problems.
- Act in a timely manner to prevent risks from the project impacting project milestones
SENIORITY LEVEL: Medium (5 years+)
Reference ID: LSTA001