Baker and Baker Recruitment are recruiting for an exciting opportunity for a Project and Quality Theme Lead, for a start-up based in the Warwickshire area.
Job Title: Project and Quality Theme Lead
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000
Department: Business Operations
- Tracking status of the project against the deliverables to acheive each milestone (e.g nomination, tooling GO release, maturation status, quality and volume verification).
- Create project status reports for gateway evaluations, readiness for pre-production build events, and concern closure.
- Progress quality themes with engineering and quality to ensure targets are acheived.
- Provide a communication link between the project team, engineering and quality to the supplier engineers.
- Confirmation for the impact timing and cost of design changes.
- Provide support to the supplier engineers teams with their activities, including activites at suppliers.
- Traning and development of the supplier engineers.
- Any other tasks as assigned by a line manager.
- Decision-making authorities
- Judgement for supplier capability to supply parts (quality and delivery).
- Agree root cause analysis and countermeasure proposals.
- Implementation and improvement of process to meet the needs of the client.
- Make judgement at gateways for the progress of the project.
- Agree quality theme strategies to achieve quality deliverables.
- Managerial authorities
- Arrange project reviews with the supplier engineer teams.
- Ensure tasks and deadlines for the project are cascaded to the team.
- Summarise and report the status of the project for supplier engineering.
- Quality themes are progressing to plan with the stakeholders
- Continual tracking of the project status and escalate and resolve issues to meet the requirements of the client.
- Identification of quality themes and key methods to ensure quality requirements are achevied at product launch
- Identify project risks and ensure appropiate actions in place to minimise occurence of risk.
- Take a supporting role with the development and maturation of the complex commodities.
- Confirm supplier capability and feed into the supplier nomination process.
- Development of suppliers where gaps exsist against the client requirements .
- Reporting project status to internal stakeholders at the required gateways.
- Development and maintenance of the PLM system to enable efficient project tracking, documentation approval and storage.
REQUIRED SKILLS, COMPETENCIES AND PERSONAL QUALITIES
- Design for Manufacture, Significant Characteristics, DFMEA, PFMEA, Control Plans, Process Capability, and Measurement System Analysis.
- OEE and Run at Rates.
- Read engineering drawings and understand measurement method and production validation requirements.
- Appeciation of manufacturing processes and key controls used in the automotive industry supply base.
- Demonstrate good project management skills (Prince 2 or Agile qualification desirable).
- Qualified engineer (ideally to degree level).
- Excellent leadership skills and cast a postive shadow.
- Build and foster relationships with internal stakeholders and suppliers.
- Have integrity when making decisions.
- Enjoy problem solving and have a logicial approch to understand root cause and apply appropriate countermeasures.
- Effective communication skills in both written and verbal.
- Be able to negotiate to overcome and resolve obstacles.
- Achieve deadlines, work under pressure and remain resilant when faced with challenges.
- Willingness to learn, adopt new ideas and challenge existing methods.
- Take ownership of the project and provide solutions to problems.
- Act in a timely manner to prevent risks from the project impacting project milestones
SENIORITY LEVEL: Medium (5 years+)
Reference ID: 403078