We are recruiting an exciting opportunity for a Powertrain Engineer to join one of our prestigious high performance automotive clients in the Daventry area.
Role: Powertrain Engineer
Hours Per Week: Monday to Friday 08:00-17:00
The role of the powertrain engineer will be to design and develop a number of components and systems that make up the engine.
You will be responsible for developing concepts designed by the chief powertrain engineer and turning these into fully detailed manufacturable components.
Experience in low volume, high-performance engine/powertrain design, motorsport, or OEM component delivery essential.
Working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, a hands-on approach and can-do attitude are essential, as is the ability to challenge mainstream thinking in a constructive and energetic way.
We’re looking for a driven engineer who shares our passion for and attention to detail.
- First principles design and development of engine components and assemblies from concept through to production.
- Production of schemes for powertrain components and assemblies using 3D CAD (CATIA V5).
- Producing fully detailed drawings in CAD to BS 8888.
- Specifying component parameters including, materials, heat treatments, surface finishes, and geometric tolerancing.
- Presenting design solutions as part of the concept and design reviews.
- Releasing of new parts following the internal design change procedure.
- Liaising with other departments and external suppliers.
- Establishing and considering design aspects including;
- Manufacturing methods
- Component duty cycles
- Strength and fatigue calculations
- Corrosion resistance and environmental conditions
- Assembly process
- Cost and supplier feedback
- Component packaging, clearance checking, and assembly analysis
- Practical hands-on engineering and mechanical experience is preferred.
- An Engineering qualification or equivalent (BEng Hons 2-1 or higher).
- An understanding of powertrain engineering principles.
- Be able to develop first principle engineering calculations to aid the design process.
- Knowledge of DFM, DFA, and 8D problem-solving analysis.
- Be experienced in materials and manufacturing processes such as machining, castings, forgings, pressings, and welding.
Reference ID: 392929