We are recruiting an exciting opportunity for a Manufacturing Engineer to join an Automotive business in the South Oxfordshire area :
Job Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Salary Range: £45,000 - £50,000
Reports To: Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Department : Quality & Manufacturing
Direct Reports: None
To support the business as subject matter expert, using manufacturing and quality knowledge and experience to ensure all designs can be translated from prototype into repeatable and scalable production. To lead and participate in APQP activities; leading problem resolution and other continuous improvement initiatives and activities.
- Support the Mechanical Development and Production Teams with the management of all prototype builds ensuring all processes, tooling/equipment and facilities are in place and or planned.
- The setup of low volume production environments and the development of manufacturing processes to ensure production is conducted safely, on time and on budget whilst ensuring best practice is adhered to.
- Support the scaling up of low volume production facilities & processes to support production volumes.
- Support the successful implementation and delivery of specific Advanced Production Quality Plans for new product introduction.
- Provide manufacturing engineering support to the Production, Procurement and Programmes Teams.
- Own and participate in virtual build events.
- Participate in the release of engineering drawings and CAD data.
- Map processes and where necessary utilise techniques such as PFMEA's and control plans.
- Produce and maintain SOPs, build records, process routings and production documentation.
- Devise and own specific elements of the quality improvement road map supporting the Quality Management System and our compliance to ISO9001:2015, and any project specific quality requirements.
- Support the Quality Team through the creation and use of quality tools and techniques.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Experience gained in a low / mid volume manufacturing / production assembly environment.
- Knowledge of low volume automation tools and techniques.
- Experience in new product introduction and APQP tools.
- Experience in Jig and Fixture design.
- Knowledge of Siemens Teamcenter, MPP, NX and NoMuda Visual Factory software would be useful.
- Working with High Voltage products is desirable.
- Experience in the use of business improvement tools and techniques (5s, Lean, Kaizen etc.) and the use and construction of PFMEA’s and Control Plans.
- A good understanding of TS16949, AS9100, ISO14001 and ISO9001 to comply with company processes is essential.
- A team player with the ability to work on own initiative, and able to influence others by demonstrating a positive “can do” attitude.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills along with the ability to work at pace in a multi-project environment.
This job description is not exhaustive, and the job holder will be required to carry out from time to time tasks in addition to the above that will be both reasonable and within their capabilities.
Reference ID: 319689