Baker and Baker Recruitment are recruiting for an exciting opportunity for an Autonomous Driving (AD) Lead, for a start-up based in the Warwickshire area.
Job Title: Autonomous Driving Lead
Salary: £60k - £70k (Depending on Experience)
- Evaluate the capabilities of the sensor set and get a deep understanding of the supplier AD system
- Work closely with all departments to integrate seamlessly the AD technology (Design, Vehicle engineering, Electrical Architecture, Functional Safety, etc.)
- Discuss with AD supplier and ensure the functions are operational and perform as expected.
- Define and develop novel test and validation procedures/scenarios in agreement with the AD supplier to point out where performance needs to improve and prevent regressions.
- Identify and solve root cause of the quality drop, if any
- Risk analysis and ODD definition
- Provide feedback to the team and support correction
- Supervise data collection and contribute to field data analysis
- Other tasks as assigned by a line manager
- You will be responsible for the successful integration of L4/L5 autonomous driving technology in a project that redefines the future mobility
- You will collaborate closely with the AD technology supplier to support the internal engineering team, design team, functional safety, and cybersecurity
- You will be also responsible for defining internal test/validation scenarios to support a large number of functions and driving behavior, as well as risk estimation of the overall system and the ODD definition.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- BSc or MSc in relevant engineering areas (EE, CS, Robotics, etc.)
- 5+ years of experience in designing, building, or testing autonomous driving systems
- An understanding of technologies behind perception, localization, and motion planning
- An understanding of real-world issues inherent in these domains
- Excellent data analysis skills
- Detail-oriented, reliable, and careful mindset for safety-critical development
- Good document writing and presentation skills
- Strong foundation in system engineering principles such as requirements definition, verification, and validation
- Ability to handle priority changes
- Oral and written communication skills in English
Reference ID: ADL001