We are recruiting an exciting opportunity for a Advanced Manufacturing Engineer to join an Automotive business in the South Oxfordshire area :
Job Title: Advanced Manufacturing Engineer
Salary Range: £50,000
Reports To: Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Department: Quality & Manufacturing
Direct Reports: None
To support the business as subject matter expert, using manufacturing, automation, and quality knowledge to ensure all designs can be translated from prototype into repeatable and scalable production. To develop an automation strategy, develop equipment standards Training and mentoring junior Engineers ensuring that best practices are adopted.
- Defining and leading the setup of medium and high-volume production environments and the development of manufacturing processes to ensure production is conducted safely, on time and on budget whilst ensuring best practice is adhered to.
- Defining equipment specifications required to achieve the production requirements.
- Defining facility layouts.
- Defining and leading the scaling up of low volume products & processes to support mass production volumes.
- Supplier investigation and appointment to establish a robust and capable supply base for automation equipment.
- Defining and leading the successful implementation and delivery of specific Advanced Production Quality Plans for new product introduction.
- Provide manufacturing engineering support to the Production, Procurement and Programmes Teams.
- Map processes and where necessary utilise techniques such as PFMEA's and control plans.
- Produce and maintain SOPs, build records, process routings and production documentation.
- Devise and own specific elements of the quality improvement road map supporting the Quality Management System and our compliance to ISO9001:2015, and any project specific quality requirements.
- Training and mentoring of junior Engineers.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Minimum 5 year’s experience gained in a mid / high volume manufacturing / production assembly environment.
- Extensive knowledge of mid / high volume automation tools and techniques.
- Extensive experience in new product introduction and APQP tools.
- Experience in manufacturing facility design.
- Knowledge of Siemens Teamcenter, MPP, NX and NoMuda Visual Factory software would be useful.
- Working knowledge of CDM regulations is desirable.
- Experience in the use of business improvement tools and techniques (5s, Lean, Kaizen etc.) and the use and construction of PFMEA’s and Control Plans.
- A good understanding of TS16949, AS9100, ISO14001 and ISO9001 to comply with company processes is essential.
- A team player with the ability to work on own initiative, and able to influence others by demonstrating a positive “can do” attitude.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills along with the ability to work at pace in a multi-project environment.
This job description is not exhaustive, and the job holder will be required to carry out from time to time tasks in addition to the above that will be both reasonable and within their capabilities.
Reference ID: 319690